First, let’s put this on as BGM.
I stumbled upon an article on Bored Panda
27 People Share ‘Cry For Help’ Signs That Aren’t So Obvious
Point no 3, 6, 7, 13, 17 seems so close to heart. I have been doing some of these things unconsciously. I should have known better. I wouldn’t say that I am depressed. Low on mood ? Yes, for quite some time. But picking up good vibes to fill up the emotional tank. I have many more semesters to go before I finally graduate.
This has got to be my least updated semester in this blog. I had plans when I started – To make mini-videos explaining concepts of statistics in BM, cause the English language makes it so complicated. I had wanted to make a vlog on the process of completing my assignments. It seems that all plans went down the drain.
Tiba-tiba dah exam. Tiba-tiba dah tamat semester.
I have registered for Semester 6 online. I decided to take on 3 subjects online. Let’s hope things are better then so that I could become a diligent student.
It’s exam week in a pandemic. Thankfully, the exam format is MCQ. I could just eeny-meeny-minie-mo if I don’t know the answers. I am also thankful that I am not on weekend duty at the Covid Assessment Centre (CAC). I could do some revisions, sample questions and tips from the forum. I tried to read my modules in the car in between my patients as I go on my mobile vaccine outreach activity. However it is quite difficult to focus.
Thus, I am relying heavily on my assignment scores. For HUbungan Etnik it amounts up to 70% of the total marks. MCQ makes up for the rest of the 30%. Is it wishful thinking to hope for an A (moon) and if I don’t, I land in the stars (B)?
14.08.2021 – Hubungan etnik
15.08.2021 – Health and Wellness
18.08.2021 – Statistics for Psychology
For Hubungan Etnik, we need to submit an assignment written in Bahasa Melayu. The task evolved around the Upin Ipin animation and how it can play a role in achieving unity. We need to provide examples of how these characters made it possible and the one thing that crossed my mind was, “Do I need to watch all the episodes?”
Judging from the conversation in forums, it seems like we could write a fairly good essay based on the superficial knowledge we have about the animation. Surely, the cliches of ‘amalan-amalan murni’ like helping the elderly, teamwork etc would be what the characters will be doing. However, to produce an outstanding essay, I think it would take an extra mile to show the examiners that we know what we are talking about. I decided to go an extra mile.
I chose Uncle Muthu as my ikon of unity for my essay. I felt that Jarjit would be a very popular choice. Who could not resist mentioning him and his pantun, right? Uncle Muthu seemed like a favourable character and worth exploring more as I started the draft of my essay. I knew him as an Indian man who sells local delicacies at his stall in the village but surely there is more to him than that.
His biodata on the web did not elaborate much except for the fact that he has a son called Raju. I asked my son if he knew anything extra about Uncle Muthu but he only knows that he sells ABC. And so began my marathon of Upin Ipin on Youtube. It was an incredible research portal as there were tonnes of side information about Muthu. His most prominent episode was Cahaya Deepavali.
The question asked about the impact of Uncle Muthu towards kesepaduan sosial. I outlined my answers as below;
- menyediakan ruang sosial untuk penduduk setempat berintegrasi
- berasimilasi dengan budaya dan masyarakat setempat
- berbudi bahasa dan prihatin dalam komunikasi harian
- mendidik ahli komuniti secara tak langsung mengenai keunikan kebudayaan etnik beliau
Of course, each point was elaborated by extracting examples from relevant episodes. I am so grateful for Youtube. It was easier to watch it there than having to go on Netflix.